AT17

AT17
The blog will now be devoted not to boat building but to my 82-year-old Vertue, Sally II, now undergoing a well needed refit at Johnson & Loftus in Ullapool (and gliding...)

Saturday 17 November 2012

One I Made Earlier...

You may remember in posts passim I built a duck punt. No? Well, I did and not without misgivings because, sensitive creature that I am, attuned to nature and the damage we humans inflict on our planet, I was not altogether happy to build a boat that ran contrary to my deepest inclinations: a boat that would have to built in (whisper gently) pl****d and e***y.



Well I did, and here she is in her natural element, slipping into the mists in pursuit of duck. A thing of lethal beauty. Man the hunter. I'll let you know if that gert great gun at the front made any significant inroads into the wildfowl population of the estuary that day. Sure as hell the couple in her needed a dram or two to warm up on their return.





No comments:

Post a Comment